We’re really delighted to have been shortlisted as a finalist by the Energy Managers Association for the Energy Management Partnership of the Year Award, where Leisure Energy has worked with leisure partners to reduce energy consumption and lower costs and carbon emissions.
Leisure Energy’s 5 Top Tips for saving energy within your business:
1. The MD/CEO of the organisation needs to ‘drive and own’ energy and carbon reduction through the production of a carbon reduction strategy.
2. Prioritise energy reporting/KPIs at board level equivalent to the emphasis given to fitness, sales and swimming income.
3. Review your Display Energy Certificate (DEC) Report & contact an energy expert who can investigate the delivery of energy savings across the estate.
4. Engage an energy procurement company to ensure you get the best price for your energy.
5. Look for the quick wins by training staff to turn off lights etc. and check your building management system (BMS) is turning equipment/plant on and off when it should!