Leisure Energy’s 12 energy saving tips for Christmas:
1. Switch to LED xmas lights -LED’s use 90% less energy – one string could save tonnes of CO2
2. Put your lights on a timer – at the office or home, don’t leave them on when not required
3. Buy gifts without batteries or electricity usage – go for those traditional presents
4. Use Fibre Optic Decorations -trees and decorations are the ultimate in hashtagenergyefficiency. Most use a single bulb
5. Turn the thermostat down when the house is full -all those bodies generating extra heat! Just 1 degree could save you 10% on your bill
6. Be oven savvy -only use it when cooking several dishes at once -use your microwave for one off dishes
7. Compare the consumption on electronic gifts before you buy
8. Switch off computers/equipment. Leaving 1 on over xmas can produce equivalent CO2 of 3 lifesize inflatable santas!
9. Adjust your heating -change time settings & lower temperatures when you’re out for meals
10. Using your Alexa for music? turn it down -the louder the volume, the more energy required!
11. Closing your office for xmas? – check your BMS energy settings -turn down to reduce hours of usage
12. Make a note for a new year resolution -do an energy audit in 2020
Merry Christmas from our team!
We’re really pleased to announce that together with Freedom Leisure and Derbyshire Dales District Council we have won the Energy Managers Association Energy Management Consultancy Partnership Award 2019 for energy projects at their leisure facilities. Our energy installations have lowered energy consumption resulting in saving money and reducing their carbon footprint.
We’re really delighted to have been shortlisted as a finalist by the Energy Managers Association for the Energy Management Partnership of the Year Award, where Leisure Energy has worked with leisure partners to reduce energy consumption and lower costs and carbon emissions.