Collecting personal information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us by dealing with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include name, Company E-Mail address, Company, telephone number, bank account information
• Information we may collect from your use of our website: With regard to each of your visits, we may automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service.
• Information we collect when you telephone us: If you call us we will automatically collect the phone number from which you are calling.
• Providing us with your details online: This is information you choose to provide us with using the Contact Us page on our website. It includes your name and email address and, if you choose, your telephone number. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date. No other information is collected via our website.
• the activities are within our legitimate interests as an energy saving consultancy firm seeking to engage with and provide services to prospective and current clients eg. to make our systems and procedures more efficient
• you have given consent for us to process your information eg. in relation to certain marketing activities
• we are carrying out necessary steps in relation to a contract to which you are party or prior to you entering into a contract
• the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject eg. for us to certify your identity under our anti-money laundering requirements including carrying out electronic ID checks
• to protect your vital interests eg. if you were unfortunate enough to fall ill or suffer an injury on our premises
You have the right to request that we:
• Provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold
• Update your personal information where it is out-of-date or incorrect
• Delete personal information that we hold
• Restrict the way in which we process your information
• Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information
Subject access requests should be made by E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no obligation to use a standard request form and there is no charge. The identity of the person making the access request must be verified and we may require you to provide further information in order for us to confirm who you are. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory time period.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
If you become a client of Leisure Energy Ltd, we may use your personal information to send you updates via email and invite you to hospitality events or other selected events for clients and/or to send you information that we think may be of interest to you or your business. This is within our legitimate interests as outlined above.
We may also use personal information about our professional contacts to send them updates via email and invite them to hospitality events or other selected events and/or to send them information that we think may be of interest to them or their business. This is also within our legitimate interests.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing materials and communications from us either at the time you submit or provide your details to us and/or within the communication itself.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing material or communications after you submit or provide your details, please contact email@example.com indicating that you do not wish to be contacted for certain marketing purposes and / or via which form of communication.
Where you have given us consent for us to process your information
We may use your personal information to carry out marketing activities including email marketing, invitations to events, sharing company news.
We only collect and process personal data when the person to whom the data relates has given their consent, via email, an online or paper sign up form, in person or over the phone.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to carry out the above processing activities at any time and you also have the right to see any information that we hold about you. You can withdraw your
consent at any time either by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ which will be included at the bottom of all our emails, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to request to be removed from the mailing list.
You have the right to:
• Ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
• Ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing.
• Ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
• Request from us access to personal information held about you.
• Ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
• Ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing).
• Ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Protection of your information
All personal details we process are treated as confidential. We are committed to ensuring that your data is protected at all times and have put in electronic and physical security systems to safeguard this.
Some of the information you provide to Leisure Energy may be transferred to, stored and processed by third party organisations which process data for us and on our behalf. These third parties may be based (or store or process information) in the UK or elsewhere including outside of the EEA. These third parties may include third party IT platforms (including cloud based platforms), suppliers of administrative and support services and suppliers of other specialist products. All servers and computers are protected by approved security software and firewalls.
Where we transfer information to third parties to enable them to process it on our behalf, we ensure that the providers meet or exceed the relevant legal or regulatory requirements for transferring data to them and keeping it secure.
How long we retain your information
If you use our services, we need to keep information about you for a minimum of 7 years unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required or requested to remove such data from our records.
If you do not use our services, we will not retain your information and it will usually be removed after 7 years.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time as our business and internal practices and/or applicable laws change. We will let you know what these changes are by posting them to this page, or we may choose to notify you by email about the changes. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purpose(s) for which it was collected or obtained (if we intend to do so, we will notify you in advance wherever possible) or otherwise than is permitted by applicable law.