We are pleased to announce that we have won a Commended award at the East Midlands Energy Efficiency Awards last week for our energy equipment installation project in partnership with Derbyshire Dales District Council and Freedom Leisure for energy reduction works at Ashbourne Leisure Centre.
· Two out of the three existing dryside boilers were removed and replaced with the installation of two high efficiency/low noise Air Source Heat Pumps operating at reduced optimised flow temperatures of 49°C and 40°C return in comparison to the higher previous gas based system temperatures.
· 180 x 340 watt DC photovoltaic solar panels on the centre’s roof to convert energy from the sun to provide electricity and reduce the amount of electricity required from the grid.
· New AHU – Heatstar Taurus EC model.
· A 30 kW, 105 kWh battery storage system allowing for any excess electricity generated during the day to be stored.
· Building Energy Management System upgraded.
Works were funded by Phase 1 of the PSDS grant.